Missing the South

Missing the South
Missing the South...

Monday, June 30, 2014

My New FUN SUN Hat




I used my Vintage Cloche pattern to make this fun hat in cotton.  (The pattern is below in a previous post.) I changed the brim a little by making my first two rows "1 sc in first st, then 2 sc in 2nd st, repeat around TWICE).  I did not need to do any more increases after that! I added a few extra rows to the brim to make it more of a sun hat.  The yarn used in this hat is Peaches n Cream but plan to make my next one using Hobby Lobby's I Love That Cotton Yarn!

You may want to use a size larger hook if your cotton yarn seems a little heavier than your acrylic, which I think this particular yarn does.

The bow is from a pattern by Tara Murray (Mamachee) so I cannot share that pattern but there are plenty of bow patterns out there for free!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment