Missing the South

Missing the South
Missing the South...

Sunday, September 7, 2014

More Football with a Free Baby Bootie Pattern

Hey y'all!  I did not use a pattern for the hat.  Just HDC all the way to the silver, where I began using alternating DC, SC, and then on the next row, did a SC in each DC and a DC in each SC (make sure you have an even number of stitches!)  This was just to give it some texture.  The ruffled trim is just SC in 1st st, HDC, DC, HDC in 2nd st, SC in 3rd st, then sl st in 4th st.  Repeat around.  Very simple.  Of course, you need to have a number divisible by 4 to do this one.  So, basically, your last HDC row should be divisible by 4 to do the alternating textured stitch and the ruffle.  If you need this typed up clearer, please just ask.

The cute little booties were from a free pattern that I found.  Aren't they darling?  The originals were watermelon shoes but she has since come up with candy corn colors!!!  The link for the free pattern is: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/baby-oh-baby-watermelon-shoes.

The bow is a pattern that I bought from Mamachee (Tara Murray) so I cannot share it but any bow will do!

Enjoy!  Let me know if I can clarify!  Have a great week!

Janice



1 comment:

  1. LOVE this set!!! Do you have a pattern for the hat please? Still new at all this and trying to learn :) Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete