Missing the South

Missing the South
Missing the South...

Sunday, May 4, 2014

As if I don't already have enough to do...

The bottom line is this:  I love crochet and other crafts and they are my "getaway" from the rest of the world.
I asked myself why in the world I would want to start another blog!  I guess in looking back, I think of all that crocheting, making jewelry and wreaths and personalized notecards, and all of  my other annoying habits and what they have meant to me as a woman, as a mom and wife, as a teacher who sometimes feels totally overwhelmed, and as a person in search of what's important in life.  I look back and I realize that rediscovering my crafty side has changed my life.

I have found something besides my family and career that means something to me.  It has brought me through some very stressful times, times of mourning, and times when I just need to get away.  If you are a craftster, you will definitely understand.

On the other hand, if you are not a craftster and you are looking for something to wrap yourself up in, why not try your hand at something?  There are so many choices out there.  There is definitely a demand for your skills.  You may think, "What can I do?"  I think that if you really ponder it for a while, reflect on your passions and skills, you may just find a crafty little person inside of you trying to get out.

Look on Pinterest!  Oh, my!  You would be surprised at the wonderful ideas that you can find on there and the very helpful "How to's".  There are also many, many helpful YouTube videos and other blogs that will help you find your niche!  Just take a quick look on Etsy and you will see the things that people make, the things that people want, and the possibilities that exist for you.

After all, what do you have to lose?

No comments:

Post a Comment