Missing the South

Missing the South
Missing the South...

Sunday, May 4, 2014

I just had to have it!!


In the middle of two crochet projects and with several items to do for my Etsy customers, I decided last night that I needed (wanted) a new wreath on my door.  I had the burlap, which had been lying around for a month or so.  I always have wreath frames.  I put the burlap on there first and then couldn't figure out how to jazz it up.  I realized that I had bought a wooden "K" but I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out what color to paint it, whether to paint a pattern on it, and how to apply it to the wreath (where it would look good and where it would not ruin the burlap).  So...I played with a few colors and then I decided that I wanted the "distressed" paint look.  I finally decided on a mixture of gray and white.  Not too bad.

This morning, as I was getting ready to hang it on the door, I wanted to add just.one.more.thing. I went through my box of flowers (while my husband rolled his eyes) and found the blue ones.  Then, I found the little fuzzy looking things.  Finally, it all came together.

Things like this just sometimes take a little time.  Not too bad for a "night before" project.

No comments:

Post a Comment